- Tutorials/OSMWebWizard - setting up your first scenario with only some clicks using osmWebWizard.py
- Tutorials/quick start - a more complex tutorial with NETEDIT; first steps in SUMO
- Tutorials/Driving in Circles - Work with netedit; define a flow; let vehicles drive in circles using rerouters
- Tutorials/SUMOlympics - Create special lanes and simple traffic lights in netedit, more about flows and vehicle types, working with vehicle
- Tutorials/Autobahn - Build a highway, create a mixed highway flow, visualize vehicle speed, save view settings
- Tutorials/Hello Sumo - the simplest net and a single car set up "by hand"
- Tutorials/ScenarioGuide - High level outline of the steps needed to build a simulation scenario
- Tutorials/HighwayDetector - how to create a highway scenario based on induction loop data
- Tutorials/FundamentalDiagram - how to compute a fundamental diagram with SUMO
- Tutorials/PT from OpenStreetMap - shows how to create a runnable public transit scenario entirely from OpenStreetMap
- Tutorials/TraCI4Traffic Lights - an example for how to connect an external application to SUMO via TraCI for traffic lights control
- Tutorials/TraCIPedCrossing - an example for building a pedestrian-actuated traffic light via TraCI
SUMO User Conference
Preparations for doing the tutorial:
- Installation of python2.7 https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.7/python-2.7.7.msi
- Installation of a text editing application with syntax highlighting (i.e. http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepadplus/archive/6.7.5/npp.6.7.5.Installer.exe
- Download and unpack http://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-msvc10Win32-svn.zip to a directory that does not contain the space (' ') character. We're using the latest development version because 0.24.0 does not yet have NETEDIT.
- Download the Tutorial Files at http://sumo.dlr.de/daily/ITSC2015_tutorial.zip
Im- and Export
- Tutorials/Trace File Generation - shows how to obtain vehicular trace files, usable for simulating vehicular communication
- Tutorials/Calibration/San Pablo Dam - Calibration of car-following parameter using vehicle passing times on observation points as used during the NEARCTIS summer school
Further Sources for Examples
Using Examples from the Test Suite
SUMO comes with a large set of tests. They are set up to be running by using a testing environment, but it is also possible to extract them and execute using SUMO and/or the other tools of the package.
If you have downloaded and extracted the tests, go into the folder and execute the "extractTest.py" script. For example, you may get an example of using rerouters as following:
<SUMO>/tools/extractTest.py -o d:\tmp\test \ sumo\extended\rerouter\use_routing_device
will extract you an example for rerouting vehicles.
The following tutorials are not yet completed
- Tutorials/Output Parsing - a complex tutorial using rerouters to drive in circles and analyzing simulation output
The following tutorials are kept for completeness but are superseded by other tutorials/documentation
- Tutorials/Import from OpenStreetMap - shows how to prepare a map from OpenStreetMap for traffic simulation.
- Tutorials/Quick_Start_old_style - build a scenario by editing the edge and node files in a text editor instead of NETEDIT
- Tutorials/CityMobil - simulation of a parking lot management using automated buses. This TraCI tutorial was written before the implementation of pedestrians and parkingAreas