- fixed crash when updating vehicle routes while running with --meso-junction-control. see ticket1502
- fixed angle and position of vehicle ids in the GUI
- Coloring by loaded edge weight now correctly reflects changes over time.
- Edges/Lanes set to transparent (alpha = 0) are no longer drawn when zoomed out.
- The view-settings dialog can no longer become hidden when switching between displays with a different resolution. ticket1512
- Can now color and scale lanes by average speed and by by average relative speed (relative to the speed limit).
Version 0.22.0 (11.11.2014)
- Vehicles with departspeed="max" now properly adapt their speed to vehicles ahead at insertion. This results in higher flows.
- Teleporting vehicles will only be inserted if they fit fully onto the destination lane.
- Fixed some inconsistencies in E3-Detector output (see E3 Further_Notes).
- Flows using attribute probability now correctly terminate when attribute end is given.
- Fixed several bugs for traffic lights of type actuated.
- Pedestrians using the model striping now always respect attribute arrivalPos
- Fixed crash when computing pedestrians positions on short walkingAreas.
- Fixed crash when using car following model <carFollowing-IDM/>
- Fixed bug that was causing collisions at intersections.
- Fixed bug that was causing collisions due to unsafe lane-changing decisions.
- Fixed bug that was causing collisions due to unsafe insertion.
- Fixed bug that was causing collisions due to unsafe re-insertion after teleporting.
- Fixed bug that was causing silent collisions between vehicles on different edges. Previously this type of collision was not reported but visible in the gui.
- Fixed bug that sometimes lead to inferior lane-change decisions in networks with vehicle class restrictions.
- Fixed bugs that sometimes prevented vehicles from being inserted at the earliest opportunity.
- Fixed bug that prevented vehicles from being inserted when their departSpeed was close to their maximumSpeed and using car following model <carFollowing-IDM/>.
- Fixed bug that was causing unnecessary lane changes leading to oscillations.
- Fixed bug that was degrading the cooperation between vehicles during lane changing.
- Flows now always insert at least 1 vehicle for any positive repetition period (if the simulation time reaches the begin-time).
- Fixed position caching which caused wrong positions and angles after lane changes ticket143
- Fixed bluetooth reentry see ticket1455
- Fixed the usage of different random number generators for route file parsing and vehicle movement
- Fixed rerouting close to junctions
- Single-stepping the simulation with hotkey (Ctrl-D) is now working as smoothly as intended.
- Changing simulation delay via mousewheel now works when the pointer is on top of the dial.
- Vehicle coloring by acceleration, by time gap and by offset from best lane now correctly visualize negative values
- Persons which are waiting or riding in a a vehicle now face the correct direction.
- Fixed crash related to parking vehicles.
- Corrected angle of parking vehicles.
- Fixed bug where train carriages were drawn incorrectly.
- The drawing size of laneAreaDetectors can now be scaled properly.
- Street-sign-output now references the correct xsd file.
- warnings are emitted if no proj support is available and projection is needed
- Fixed crash when using options --repair and --ignore-errors.
- Fixed crash when using option --remove-loops.
- When using option --remove-loops the non-looping parts of the route are now kept unchanged as intended.
- Progress indicator is now only shown if the --end option is used.
- Fixed crash when loading <flow> with attribute probability.
- Fixed crash when retrieving vehicle variable best lanes (id 0xb2) while the vehicle is on an internal lane.
- The command induction loop value (last step vehicle data Command_0x17)) now returns the value -1 for the leaveTime of a vehicle which has not yet left the detector (instead of returning the current time step as before).
- Fixing connection retries in the python client
- Fixed includes to speed up compilation
- Whenever rerouting vehicles, a new route is only recorded when it differs from the previous route.
- tripinfo-output now includes attribute timeLoss which holds the time loss compared to the maximum driving speed.
- Added option --tripinfo-output.write-unfinished <BOOL>. When this is set, tripinfo output will additionally be written for all vehicles that did not arrive at the end of the simulation.
- Vehicles with the attribute departLane="free" now consider the free space on all candidate lanes instead of the number of vehicles. This results in higher flow.
- Added a new departLane-value named departLane="first" where vehicles are inserted on the rightmost lane they are allowed to use; this is the new default insertion lane
- Now supports parallel routing by using the option --device.rerouting.threads <INT>
- Added new routing algorithms 'astar' and 'CH' which are faster than the default 'dijkstra' algorithm.
- flow elements with attributes from and to can now be loaded directly in the simulation and will automatically be routed according to the current traveltimes at begin.
- Invalid stops now generate better error messages, see ticket1458
- Added option --vehroute-output.intended-depart <BOOL>. This allows to generate vehicle route files which reproduce the original behavior when using one shot routing. ticket1429
- Now appending .xml suffix when saving viewport, view settings or decals
- Added lane coloring by loaded weights. This colors by whatever attribute was set with option --weight-attribute <STRING>. The weight value is also shown in the parameter dialog.
- Added lane coloring by priority. This uses the edge priorities used during network creation. The priority value is also shown in the parameter dialog.
- Added junction coloring by type.
- Added visualization options for drawing vehicles, persons, POIs, polygons and additional gui objects with constant size when zooming out.
- The dialog for changing visualization settings is now resizable and will remember its size across application runs. All settings are now scrollable to allow work on smaller screens.
- The attributes which can be used to customize lane colors can now also be used to scale their width. This is done in the view customization dialog unter 'Streets' -> 'Scale width'. See .
- Vehicle coloring by time since lane change' now indicates the direction of the change by its color
- Added new link state 'u' to encode red-yellow phase (shown as orange). Vehicles behave as if 'r' (red) was set. This linkstate may be used to indicates upcoming green phase according to RiLSA.
- Lane coloring by speed now uses more colors (the same as vehicle coloring by speed).
- Roundabouts can now be specified via plain-xml input. They are also written to the .edg.xml-file when using option --plain-output-prefix.
- Now supports parallel routing by using the option --routing-threads <INT>
- Added new routing algorithms 'astar' and 'CH' which are faster than the default 'dijkstra' algorithm.
- Routes which loop back on themselves are no longer genereated by default (can be enabled using option --allow-loops).
- added method vehicle.setSpeedMode() to the python API (command 0x3b)).
- added method areal.getLastVehicleIDs() to the python API (Command_0x12)).
- added argument extended to method lane.getLinks() in the python API (default False). If it is set to True, the method returns all the information defined for (Command_0x33)) instead of a subset.
- Added randomTrips.py option --weights-output-prefix <STRING> to generate weight files which can be used to visualize the edge probabilities for being source/destination/via in SUMO-GUI.
- Added randomTrips.py option --weights-prefix <STRING> which allows loading edge probabilities for being source/destination/via. The file format is the same as for option --weights-output-prefix <STRING> with missing edges defaulting to probability 0 and missing files defaulting to normal randomization.
- Added dua-iterate.py option --zip to zip old iteration outputs using 7-zip
- Added tools/import/osm/server.py for "three-click" scenario generation (thanks to Jakob Stigloher)
- Added new router which reads trips and writes routes by computing a macroscopic user assignment.
- Web presence moved to sumo.dlr.de (wiki at sumo.dlr.de/wiki, trac at sumo.dlr.de/trac)
- Now issuing warnings about repaired routes.
- Tweaked right-of-way colors for types stop and allway_stop. All colors are now documented.
- The version string for each application now includes the flag 'D' for the debug-build and flag 'I' for the internal build
- The traceExporter.py script moved from <SUMO_HOME>/tools/bin to <SUMO_HOME>/tools
- unittest compilation is automatically enabled when gtest is found (Linux only)
Version 0.21.0 (11.06.2014)
- Fixed infinite loop when tls-phases were shorter than the step-size
- Fixed bug where vehicles would block the intersection when stopping at the very end of a lane due to a red light
- Fixed lane-changing bug which could cause differing results between different compilers due to uninitialized memory.
- The vehicle class ignoring now properly ignores edge permissions and is allowed to drive anywhere.
- Time values are now checked on input whether they are in the correct range (less than 2147483 seconds)
- Teleport over an edge which has a stop now removes the stop from the list of pending stops
- the IDM and the IDMM car following model now stop closer to the halting line (in front of intersections), furthermore the moving average in the IDMM was repaired
- Bluetooth device handles subsecond simulation correctly
- Fixed check for slow lanes ahead of the depart position to allow for higher insertion speeds
- Repaired rerouting of vehicles which are on an internal lane
- Several fixes with teleporting over, on and onto induction loops and range detectors.
- Fix to the computation of the expected time at which vehicles leave an intersection. This results in a minor increase in junction throughput.
- The time shown in the gui now matches the time found in simulation outputs for the shown vehicle positions. Previously, the gui showed the time + 1 step.
- Fixed crash when drawing persons
- Patched building under MacOS, thanks to Alex Voronov
- lane coloring by netto occupancy no longer shows brutto occupancy (see lane coloring).
- drawing of simple vehicle shapes now always uses a distinct color for drawing details.
- Fixed crash when closing the breakpoint editor
- Fixed crash when loading viewsettings and changing them immediately.
- when loading traffic light programs from tllogic-files, the node attribute controlledInner is now propperly preserved
- guessed traffic light programs no longer contain duplicate consecutive phases
- Fixed bug where option ramps.guess would sometimes fail to add necessary lanes.
- Extremely short internal lanes are no longer split. Instead a warning is issued since these cases usually indicate an invalid junction geometry.
- removed option --all-end-follower as it's not longer needed and buggy
- when using tazs (districts) they are now correctly attached to the network with an edge with travel time 0 (before it was 1)
- subscriptions for VAR_LOADED_VEHICLES_IDS now work
- when setting lane change mode to prevent all changes due to a certain change-motivation, motivations with lower priority are now correctly considered.
- adding a vehicle with a negative depart position gives an error message (applies only to ADD not to ADD_FULL)
- adding a vehicle with a depart time in the past gives an error instead of silently dropping the vehicle
- vaporizing parked vehicles is now possible ticket1166
- forcing a lane change for a stopped vehicle now correctly removes the current stop from the list of pending stops
- Fixed bug where sortRoutes.py would produce invalid XML (thanks to Pieter Loof for the patch)
- Fixed bug in traceExporter.py when generating files for NS2 which caused non-sequential IDs to be written.
- Fixed several divisions by zero and integer over- and underflows reported by the clang sanitizer
- Trying to open existing files which do not have reading permissions now gives a correct error message
- All tools now give error messages when an output socket is not any longer available on closing
- Added improved capabilities for pedestrian simulation
- Added option --pedestrian.model <STRING> with available values nonInteracting and striping. The most important features of the striping model (which is the new default are:
- Pedestrian cross streets and interact with traffic (blocking vehicles, blocked by vehicles, reacting to traffic lights)
- Pedestrians interact with each other (jam)
- Pedestrians select their route dynamically to avoid red lights when multiple paths across an intersection are available.
- Added options --pedestrian.striping.stripe-width <FLOAT> and --pedestrian.striping.dawdling <FLOAT> to configure the 'striping'-model
- Added option --lanechange.overtake-right <BOOL> to switch between german overtaking laws (default) where overtaking on the right on highways is prohibited and american overtaking laws
- Vehicles which are already on a junction but have to wait for another vehicles (also on the junction) now always drive up to point where their path crosses with the blocking vehicle.
- Added option --random-depart-offset <TIME> to randomize departure times for all vehicles by applying a positive (uniform) random offset.
- <flow> elements now support attribute probability for specifying flows with randomly distributed departures (following a binomial distribution). Each second a vehicle is inserted with the given probability (which is scaled according to the given --step-length).
- Vehicles with a vType which has a specified vClass will now get appropriate default values for some of their parameters (i.e. busses will be longer than 5m by default). Refer to Vehicle_Type_Parameter_Defaults for details.
- the option --scale <FLOAT> can now also handle values > 1 and inserts more vehicles in this case
- added HBEFA3 emission model
- added outputs conforming to the Amitran standards
- Added improved capabilities for pedestrian simulation
- the option --no-warnings <BOOL> now also applies to the GUI message window
- Added person coloring scheme by selection and by angle
- All person modes now give a waitingTime
- Person parameter dialog now inclues attributes 'edge', 'position', 'angle' and 'waitingTime'
- Pedestrian crossings are now indicated by the typical zebra-pattern (light color indicates that pedestrians have priority, dark color means that vehicles have priority)
- Showing permission code in lane parameter dialog, updated style color by permissions
- Uncontrolled links (not part of a junction logic) are now shown with index -1
- Now showing edge type in lane parameter dialog
- Customizable drawing of ids for edges of type crossings and walkingarea
- Added lane coloring scheme by angle
- Lanes are now drawn with smooth shapes regardless of geometry (fixed white gaps at corners)
- Added element <crossing> for '.con.xml' files. This can be used to specify pedestrian crossings
- Added attribute sidewalkWidth to <type> elements in .typ.xml files. If this is given, edges of this type will get an extra lane with allow="pedestrian" and the specified width.
- Added options --sidewalks.guess <BOOL>, --sidewalks.guess.min-speed <FLOAT> and --sidewalks.guess.max-speed <FLOAT> to trigger guessing of sidewalks
- Added option --crossings.guess <BOOL> to trigger guessing of pedestrian crossings
- Added options --tls.guess-signals <BOOL> and --tls.guess-signals.dist <FLOAT> to interpret special traffic light nodes which surround an intersection as the signal positions for that intersection. This heuristic is useful for correctly importing a typical representation of traffic lights in OSM data.
- Added attribute shape to <node> elements in .nod.xml files. This allows to specify a custom shape for that node.
- can write networks in the Amitran format
- <trip> and <flow elements now support attribute via for specifying intermediate edges to use during routing.
- vType and route definitions can now be given in additional-files just like for SUMO
- Pedestrian walks with attributes from and to are now routed and written with attribute edges.
- the maximum (the average) speed factor are taken into account when calculating the minimum (the default) travel times
- References to an unknown vType are now an error (which can be ignored with --ignore-errors). Previously, an unknown vType was silently copied to the output and treated like the default type during routing.
- OSM road shapes and traffic light positions can now be exported by setting the appropriate entries in the typemap file.
- reads now OD matrices in Amitran format
- Added randomTrips.py option --pedestrians <BOOL> to generate pedestrian walks
- Added randomTrips.py option --max-distance <FLOAT> to limit the straight-line distance of generated trips
- Added randomTrips.py option -a, --additional-files <FILE>[,<FILE>]* which is passed to DUAROUTER
- Added randomTrips.py option -i, --intermediate <INT> for generating trips with intermediate waypoints
- Added randomTrips.py option --maxtries <INT> to control the number of attemps for finding a trip which meet the given distance constraints
- convert almost arbitrary XML outputs (with a given schema) to CSV and protobuf, see Tools/Xml
- Removed obsoleted --incremental-dua-step and --incremental-dua-base option (use --scale instead)
- An explanation for vehicle insertion can be found here.
- Default parameters for different vehicle classes.
- Documentation for Calibrators. These simulation objects allow for dynamic adaption to traffic flow and speed at selected edges.
- The obsolete Media Wiki, Trac and Wordpress instances at the SourceForge Hosted apps facility have been removed altogether
- Some vClass definitions where added and others renamed. Old definitions will continue to work but some will cause deprecation warnings.
- Referenze typemap files for importing edges and polygon data from OSM networks as well as from other formats can now be found at <SUMO_HOME>/data
- SUMO builds now with clang as well
- The shortcut -p for the option --print-options was removed because of possible name clashes
- z/Changes from Version 0.12.2 to Version 0.12.3
- z/Changes from Version 0.12.1 to Version 0.12.2
- z/Changes from Version 0.12.0 to Version 0.12.1
- z/Changes from Version 0.11.1 to Version 0.12.0
- z/Changes from Version 0.10.2 to Version 0.10.3
- z/Changes from Version 0.10.1 to Version 0.10.2
- z/Changes from Version 0.10.0 to Version 0.10.1
- z/Changes from Version 0.9.10 to Version 0.10.0
- z/Changes from version 0.9.9 to version 0.9.10
- z/Changes from version 0.9.8 to version 0.9.9
- z/Changes from version 0.9.7 to version 0.9.8
- z/Changes from version 0.9.6 to version 0.9.7
- z/Changes from version 0.9.5 to version 0.9.6
- z/Changes from version 0.9.3 to version 0.9.4
- z/Changes from version 0.9.2 to version 0.9.3
- z/Changes from version 0.9.1 to version 0.9.2
- z/Changes from version 0.9.0 to version 0.9.1
- z/Changes from version 0.8.x to version 0.9.0
- z/Changes from version 0.8.2.2 to version 0.8.3
- z/Changes from version 0.8.2.1 to version 0.8.2.2
- z/Changes from version 0.8.0.2 to version 0.8.2.1
- z/Changes from version 0.8.0.1 to version 0.8.0.2
- z/Changes from version 0.8.0 to version 0.8.0.1