- Tutorials/Hello Sumo - the simplest net and a single car set up "by hand"
- Tutorials/quick start - a more complex tutorial with NETEDIT; first steps in SUMO
- Tutorials/Driving in Circles - Work with netedit; define a flow; let vehicles drive in circles using rerouters
- Tutorials/SUMOlympics - Create special lanes and simple traffic lights in netedit, more about flows and vehicle types, working with vehicle
- Tutorials/Autobahn - Build a highway, create a mixed highway flow, visualize vehicle speed, save view settings
- Tutorials/OSMWebWizard - setting up your first complex scenario using osmWebWizard.py
- Tutorials/ScenarioGuide - High level outline of the steps needed to build a simulation scenario
- Tutorials/Import from OpenStreetMap - shows how to prepare a map from OpenStreetMap for traffic simulation
- Tutorials/Output Parsing - a complex tutorial using rerouters to drive in circles and analyzing simulation output
- Tutorials/HighwayDetector - how to create a highway scenario based on induction loop data
- Tutorials/FundamentalDiagram - how to compute a fundamental diagram with SUMO
- Tutorials/PT from OpenStreetMap - shows how to create a runnable public transit scenario entirely from OpenStreetMap
- Tutorials/TraCI4Traffic Lights - an example for how to connect an external application to SUMO via TraCI for traffic lights control
- Tutorials/CityMobil - simulation of a parking lot management using automated buses
- Tutorials/TraCIPedCrossing - an example for building a pedestrian-actuated traffic light via TraCI
SUMO User Conference
Preparations for doing the tutorial:
- Installation of python2.7 https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.7/python-2.7.7.msi
- Installation of a text editing application with syntax highlighting (i.e. http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepadplus/archive/6.7.5/npp.6.7.5.Installer.exe
- Download and unpack http://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-msvc10Win32-svn.zip to a directory that does not contain the space (' ') character. We're using the latest development version because 0.24.0 does not yet have NETEDIT.
- Download the Tutorial Files at http://sumo.dlr.de/daily/ITSC2015_tutorial.zip
Im- and Export
- Tutorials/Trace File Generation - shows how to obtain vehicular trace files, usable for simulating vehicular communication
- Tutorials/Calibration/San Pablo Dam - Calibration of car-following parameter using vehicle passing times on observation points as used during the NEARCTIS summer school
Further Sources for Examples
Using Examples from the Test Suite
SUMO comes with a large set of tests. They are set up to be running by using a testing environment, but it is also possible to extract them and execute using SUMO and/or the other tools of the package.
If you have downloaded and extracted the tests, go into the folder and execute the "extractTest.py" script. For example, you may get an example of using rerouters as following:
<SUMO>/tools/extractTest.py -o d:\tmp\test \ sumo\extended\rerouter\use_routing_device
will extract you an example for rerouting vehicles.