Version 0.32.0 (19.12.2017)#
- Fixed collisions in the sublane model #3446, #3595, #3613
- Fixed bug that was causing invalid behavior in the sublane model when used with option --step-method.ballistic. #3486
- Fixed bug that was causing deadlocks after undercutting minimum gap. #3486
- Fixed bug that was causing deadlocks at intersections. #3615
- Option --ignore-route-errors now also applies to invalid (i.e. misordered) stop definitions. #3441
- PHEMlight handles large acceleration values better #3390 and has updated emission values for new Diesel cars
<stop>definitions using attribute until that are used within a
<flow>now shift the until times according to the offset between departure and flow begin. #1514
<chargingStation>attribute chargeDelay now accepts floating point values.
<chargingStation>attribute chargeDelay now works with subsecond simulation.
- Vehicles passing a minor link with impatience 0 no longer force braking for prioritized vehicles. #3494
- Fixed bug that was causing collisions between vehicles and pedestrians #3527
- Fixed slow simulation when combining cars and ships in one simulation. #3528
- Fixed collisions on junctions between vehicles coming from the same lane. #1006, #3536
- Fixed failure to change lanes for speed gain in the sublane model. #3582
- Fixed collision of a vehicle with itself. #3584
- Several fixes in regard to intermodal routing. #3613, #3622, #3560, #3561, #3562
- Fixed crash when simulating pedestrians. #3484
- Coloring by selection is now working for pedestrian crossings. #3396
- Options --window-size and --window-pos are now working when set in a configuration file. #3406
- Vehicle blinkers that signal left or right turns now remain switched on while the vehicle is still on the intersection (requires networks to be rebuilt). #3478
- Fixed invalid lane-change blinkers for near-zero lateral movements in the sublane model. #3612
- Fixed invalid vehicle angle when using the sublane model. #3609
- Networks created with simple projection can now be shown. #3467
- Fixed invalid duration factor in network parameters for sub-second simulation. #3600
- Fixed handling of XML special characters when exporting arbitrary text via option --all-attributes. #3447
- Fixed crash when importing Vissim networks.
- Fixed bug that was causing invalid signal plans when loading a .net.xml file and removing edges from an intersection with pedestrian crossings (the link indices for crossings were re-assigned but the signal plan was left unmodified creating a mismatch).
- No longer writing pedestrian crossings with length 0 (minimum length is 0.1m).
- Parameters (i.e. those for actuated traffic lights) are no longer lost when importing .net.xml files or plain-xml files. #3343
- Fixed bug that was causing invalid networks to be generated when additional lanes were placed to the right of a sidewalk. #3503
- Fixed bug that was causing invalid networks to be generated when nodes without connections were part of a joined traffic light #3715
- Defining pedestrian crossings for Pedestrian Scramble is now supported. #3518
- Custom traffic light plans for pedestrian crossings are no longer modified. #3534
- Fixed invalid traffic light plans at pedestrian crossings for node type traffic_light_right_on_red. #3535
- Fixed invalid right of way rules at node type traffic_light_right_on_red that could cause deadlock. #3538
- Networks with intersections that are very close to each other can now be re-imported. #3585
- Edges that do not have connections are now correctly represented in plain-xml output. #3589
- Fixed invalid geometry in opendrive-output for lefthand networks. #3678
- Fixed invalid road markings in opendrive-output.
Fixed bug that was causing pedestrian crossings to remain uncontrolled at traffic light controlled intersections. #3472
Regression in 0.31.0. As a workaround, networks that were saved with netedit 0.31.0 can be repaired by calling netconvert -s bugged.net.xml -o fixed.net.xml or simply reopened and saved with a fresh nightly build of netedit.
- Fixed invalid public transport routing if the last vehicle departs before the person enters the simulation. #3493
- Fixed bug in traci.trafficlights.setLinkState.
- Fixed bug in traci.vehicle.getDrivingDistance related to internal edges. #3553
- Fixed bug in traci.vehicle.getDistance related to looped routes. #3648
- Fixed bug in traci.simulation.getDistance2D and traci.simulation.getDistanceRoad related to internal edges. #3554
- Command load no longer fails when there are too many arguments or long file paths. #3599
- Fixed bug in traci.vehicle.changeLane when using the sublane model. #3634
- Fixed bug that would trigger an infinite loop in flowrouter.py.
- missing stops no longer result in crashing
- fixed invalid until times when multiple lines use the same stop
- emissionsDrivingCycle now uses the slope values from the correct time step when forward calculation of acceleration is enabled
- generateTurnDefs.py now writes interval information. Thanks to Srishti Dhamija for the patch. #3712
- Added option --collision.mingap-factor to control whether collisions are registered when the vehicle minGap is violated. With the default value of 1.0 minGap must always be maintained. When setting this to 0 only physical collisions are registered. #1102
- Added new junction model parameters #3148:
- jmIgnoreFoeProb, jmIgnoreFoeSpeed can be used to configure right-of-way violations.
- jmSigmaMinor allows configuring driving imperfection (dawdling) while passing a minor link.
- jmTimegapMinor configures the minimum time gap when passing a minor link ahead of a prioritized vehicle.
- jmDriveAfterRedTime and jmDriveRedSpeed allow configuring red-light violations depending on the duration of the red phase.
- Added new laneChangeModel-attribute lcLookaheadLeft to configure the asymmetry between strategic lookahead when changing to the left or to the right. #3490
- Added new laneChangeModel-attribute lcSpeedGainRight to configure the asymmetry between thrhesholds when changing for speed gain to the left or to the right. #3497
- Electric vehicles can now be used
for emission-model (electricity) output by setting
- Tripinfo-output for pedestrians now includes routeLength, duration and timeLoss. #3305
- duration-log.statistics-output now informs about person rides. #3620
- Vehicles that end their route with a stop on a parkingArea (arrivalPos is within the parkingArea bounds) will be assigned a new destination after rerouting to another parkingArea (previously they would drive to the original parkingArea edge after finishing their stop). #3647
- Rerouters now support the attribute
timeThresholdwhich makes their activation dependent on on a minimum amount of accumulated waiting time. #3669
- Simulation step length has been decoupled from the action step length, which is the vehicle's interval of taking decisions. This can be configured globally via the option '--default.action-step-length', or per vehicle via the parameter 'actionStepLength'.
- Transparency is now working for all objects.
- Junction parameters can now be inspected.
- Upcoming stops are now shown in the vehicle parameter window and also in the network when selecting show current route. #3679
- When using option --numerical-ids together with option --output.original-names, the original IDs of
all renamed nodes and edges are written to
<param>elements with key origId. #3246
- connections now support the attribute speed to set a custom (maximum) speed on intersections. #3460
- connections now support the attribute shape to set a custom shape. #2906
- crossings now support the attribute shape to set a custom shape. #2906
- The new element
<walkingArea>can now be used in con.xml files to define custom walking area shapes. #2906
- Added options --osm.stop-output.length.bus, --osm.stop-output.length.train, --osm.stop-output.length.tram to set appropriate default stop lengths for different modes of traffic (in conjunction with option --ptstop-output).
- Added options --osm.all-attributes <BOOL> which can be used to import additional edge parameters such as bridge, tunnel and postcode.
- Parallel lanes of connecting roads are now written as a single road in opendrive-output. #2700
- When using option --numerical-ids together with option --output.original-names, the original IDs of all renamed nodes and edges are written to
- Additional objects (i.e. detectors) as well as POIs and Polygons can now be located based on their ID. #3069
- Connection and Crossing shapes can now be edited visually. #3464
- Object types such as edges or polygons can now be locked against selection modification. #3471
- The traffic light index of controlled connections can now be edited in Inspect Mode. #2627
- Added button to traffic light mode for cleaning up unused states from a traffic light plan.
- osmWebWizard.py can now import public transport (activated by a checkbox on the settings tab). If pedestrians are imported as well they may elect to use public transport to shorten their walks.
- added new tool filterDistrics.py to generate district (TAZ) files that are valid for a given vehicle class
- traceExporter.py can now built a direct socket connection to sumo and can filter fcd output for regions and times.
- flowrouter.py improvements:
- Added new tool tls_csvSignalGroup.py for importing traffic light definitions from csv input. The input format aims to be similar to the representation used by traffic engineers. Thanks to Mirko Barthauer for the contribution.
- return value of trafficlights.getControlledLinks is now a list of lists (of links) for the C++ client as well
python client now supports the whole API for vehicle.setAdaptedTraveltime and vehicle.setEffort (resetting custom values or setting with default time range) by using default arguments.
The order of parameters had to be changed to allow this. Old code will still work but trigger a warning.
- The SUMO license changed to the Eclipse Public License Version 2
- The SUMO build process now supports CMake. It is likely that version
0.32.0 will be the last one shipping Visual Studio solutions. Please
have a look at
Windows CMake for
information on how to build SUMO on Windows with CMake. There are
also helper scripts in preparation at <SUMO_HOME>/tools/build for instance
- chargingstations-output now writes times as seconds rather than milliseconds.
- Default value of option --pedestrian.striping.stripe-width changed to 0.64 (previously 0.65). This allows vehicles with default width to pass a pedestrian on a road with default width.
- preliminary version of libsumo is available for experimental building of your own apps using SUMO as a "library" (calling its functions directly without TraCI)
- The element
<customShape>is no longer supported. Instead
<crossing>support the shape attribute. To set a custom shape for walkingAreas, the new element
<walkingArea>may be used.
- The element
- TraCI version is now 17
- Documented simulation object right-click menus
- Described visualization of edgeData files
Version 0.31.0 (14.09.2017)#
- Lane changing to clear the overtaking lane (motivation keepRight) is now working properly. #3106
- Fixed error that prevented violating right-of-way rules in the sublane-model. #3140
- Fixed bug that was preventing speed adaptations for strategic changing. #3183
- Fixed error that prevented changing for speed gain #3107, #3186
- Insertion with
departPosLat="random" departPos="last"is now working. #3191
- Fixed bug that could cause deadlocks on an intersection #3189
- Fixed collisions #3195, #3213, #3050, #2837
- Fixed invalid angles when lane-changing at low speeds or low step-length. #3220
- Fixed oscillation. #3333
- Fixed too-late changing for speed gain when approaching a slow leader. #3375
- Fixed bug that was causing sublane-changing despite speed loss. #3372
- Fixed behavior problems in regard to the rule that prohibits overtaking on the right under some circumstances (by default this is prohibited in free-flowing motorway traffic). Vehicles now avoid overtaking whenever braking is possible and they overtake on the left instead if there is a third lane. #1214, #2547, #3115, #3379
- Fixed time loss due to late overtaking in some situations. #2126
- Fixed invalid overtaking to the left. #3337
- Calibrators now respect the option --ignore-route-errors. #3089
departLane="allowed"no longer selects an invalid departLane on multimodal edge. #3065
- Acquired waiting time of vehicles is now properly loaded from a simulation state. #2314
- Fixed output of meso calibrator (regression in 0.30.0). #3132
- Modified meanTimeLoss output of lane area (e2) detector. Semantics is now average time loss *per vehicle* #3110
- Fixed invalid stop state and invalid position of vehicles that cannot resume from parking due to blocking traffic. #3153
- Fixed erroneous calculation of occupancy in meandata output for vehicles being only partially on the corresponding lane. #153
- Fixed collision detection of junctions (some collisions were not registered). #3171
- Options --collision.stoptime is now working when collisions are detected on a junction (using Option --collision.check-junctions). #3172
- FCD-output now contains z-data if the network includes elevation information. #3191
- Fixed crash when loading invalid
- Fixed invalid errors on loading stops on looped routes. #3231
- Fixed crash on invalid
- Fixed crash on saving and loading simulation state in conjunction with vehroute-output. #3237, #3238
- Fixed too high density values in meandata output. #3265
- Fixed invalid routeLength in tripinfo-output. #3355
- Fixed visual glitch when drawing vehicles with multiple carriages as raster images. #3049
- Fixed crash when reloading a simulation after editing the network. #3059
- Fixed crash when using invalid routes in calibrator. #3060
- The number of nodes listed in the network parameter dialog no longer includes internal nodes. #3118
- Fixed crash when multiple vehicles start and end parking on the same edge #3152
- All parking vehicles and empty parking spaces of a
<parkingArea>are now accessible via right-click. #3169
- Fixed rendering position of
<busStop>, <containerStop>, <chargingStation>, <parkingArea>on curved roads. #3200
- Fixed drawing position of vehicles with lateral offset and of passengers if a vehicle is on a very short lane (also affects fcd-output). #3249
- Corrected drawing of sublane borders in case the lane width is not a multiple of the lateral-resolution.
- Fixed wrong occupancy values in Parameter Window for short lanes.
- Pre-configured screenshots are now taken at the correct time regardless of simulation speed. #1340
- Fixed visual glitches when drawing waiting pedestrians, parking vehicles and parkingAreas in left-hand networks. #3382
- The list of additional simulation objects no longer includes POIs and polygons (they have their own locator lists). #3384
- --ptstop-output now exports stop lanes with the appropriate vClass. #3075
- --ptstop-output now exports stop lanes in the correct road direction #3101, #3212
- Fixed invalid geo-reference when loading lefthand .net.xml files #3198
- Fixed bug that was causing an error when patching a .net.xml file with a .tll.xml file along with other connection-affecting patches. #2868
- Fixed insufficient precision of internal lane elevation in OpenDrive output.
- Fixed overly long yellow duration in generated tls plans. #3239
- Fixed invalid lengths of internal turning lanes. As a side effect lane-changing is not possible any more while on these lanes. The old behavior can be enabled by setting option --junctions.join-turns <BOOL>. #2082.
- Variable phase durations are no longer lost when importing from .net.xml or .tll.xml files.
- Information about edges without connections is no longer lost when exporting with option --plain-output-prefix. #3332
- Fixed invalid edge shape after importing a .net.xml file with custom node shape. #3385
- Fixes related to importing OpenDRIVE networks
- Fixed error when loading
- Fixed crash when loading OpenDRIVE networks with attribute pRange. #3164
- Fixed invalid traffic lights. #3203
- Fixed invalid connections when importing OpenDRIVE networks
- Fixed invalid internal-lane speed when importing OpenDRIVE networks or setting lane-specific speeds. #3240
- Fixed error when loading
- Fixed rendering slowdown (regression in 0.30.0) #3167
- Fixed error when loading pois with attributes lane and pos (regression in 0.30.0) #3199
- Fixed crash when trying to filter selection of additionals by ID (regression in 0.30.0). #3068
- The z-Coordinate of junctions is now properly displayed again in inspect mode (regression in 0.30.00). #3134
- The z-Coordinate of junctions is no longer reset to 0 when moving them with move mode. #3134
- busStop and chargingStation elements with negative startPos or endPos can now be loaded.
- Undo now restores the selection status of deleted additionals. #3073
- Loading color schemes is now working (only schemes saved by netedit are valid). #2936
- Fixed invalid geo-reference when editing lefthand networks #3198
- The cycle time is now always shown for selected traffic lights in tls-mode. #3206
- Output precision set in the Options dialog now take effect. #3219
- When selecting edges (or lanes) that allow a specific vehicle
class, edges (and lanes) with
allow="all"are now matched. #3168
- Fixed crash when <ctrl>-clicking on invalid lanes in connection-mode.
- Fixed invalid edge shape after setting a custom node shape. #3276
- Function replace by geometry node now preserves connections, crossings and custom geometry endpoints. If the function is disabled, the reason is shown in the menu. #3287
- Joining junctions now always preserves edge endpoints. #3257
- Fixed invalid network after deleting traffic light and a junction with pedestrian crossings. #3346
- Fixed crash when joining tls. #3365
- The junction visualization option Show lane to lane connections now takes effect.
- Fixed bugs that were causing intermodal routing failures. #3119, #3226
- Fixed invalid
speedFactoroutput when specifying both
speedDevin the input files. #3121
- Fixed (almost) infinite loop when specifying
<flow>without end. #3225
- Fixed handling of departPos and arrivalPos for persons. #3246
- Fixed crash due to error in matrix parsing. #3366
- After sending command traci.load() the simulation now keeps running until sending traci.close() instead of terminating when there are no more vehicles or the end time is reached. #3048
- Vehicle state change retrieval (simulation.getDepartedIDList, simulation.getArrivedNumber, ...) are now working after sending command traci.load(). #3051
- Vehicle commands getDistance and getDrivingDistance now return correct values when the current vehicle edge or the target edge are junction-internal edges. #2321
- Fixed invalid lane occupancy values when calling moveToXY. #3185
- traci.load() is now working if the previous simulation had errors. #3204
- Invalid edge ids in traci.vehicle.setRoute() no longer cause crashing. #3205
- Fixed moveToXY mapping failures. #3263
- Person context subscriptions are now working. #3304
- Fixed invalid behavior after canceling stop. #3348
- Fixed freeze when calling gui.screenshot #3362
- netdiff.py now correctly handles junctions that had their radius or z attributes changed to the (unwritten) default value.
- randomTrips.py now correctly handles --trip-attributes that contain a space in the value (i.e. modes). #3117
- Fixed bug that was causing insufficient flow when using flowrouter.py. #3285
- Fixed flowrouter.py crash. #3356
- Behavior at intersections can now be configured with new junction model parameters. #3148
- Emergency vehicles (
vClass="emergency") may always overtake on the right.
- The default car following model can now be specified on the command line with --carfollow.model. #3142
- Routing with --routing-algorithm astar is now working efficiently when using traffic assignment zones. #3144
- Lanechange-output now includes the type of the changing and the longitudinal gaps on the target lane. #3156
- Stops on internal lanes may now be defined.
- Aggregate trip information generated via option --duration-log.statistics now includes vehicles that were still running at simulation end if the option --tripinfo-output.write-unfinished is also set. #3209
- Vehicles now react to pedestrians on the same lane. #3242
- Pedestrians now react to vehicles that are blocking their path. #3138
- Collisions between vehicles and pedestrians are now detected when setting the option --collision.check-junctions.
<walk>s may now be defined using attribute route. #3302
- Summary-output now includes mean vehicle speed (absolute and relative) as well as the number of halting vehicles. #3312
- Pedestrian statistics are now included in the aggregated traffic measures. #3306
- Tripinfo-output now includes additional attributes for persons and containers stages (depart, waitingTime, duration, vehicle, arrivalPos, actType). #3305
- Added new lanechangeModel parameter lcAccelLat to model lateral acceleration in the sublane model. #3371
<param>values of simulation objects (i.e. TLS) can now be inspected. #3098
Calibrators can now be defined for specific lanes not just for the whole edge. #2434
To obtain the old behavior, calibrators must use the attribute
edge. When using the attribute
lanethe new behavior is activated.
- When using the Sublane model, the lateral offset of left and right vehicle side as well as the rightmost and leftmost sublane are listed in the vehicle parameter dialog.
- Added button for calibrating lane/edge colors to the current value range. #2464
- POIs which are defined using attributes lane and pos now accept the optional attribute posLat for specifying lateral offset relative to the lane. #3339. These attributes are automatically added as generic parameters retrievable via TraCI.
- Added option --tracker-interval <FLOAT> to configure the aggregation interval of value tracker windows. Previously this was fixed at 1s. Now it defaults to the --step-length value.
- <split>-definitions now support the attribute id to specify the id of the newly created node. Two-way roads can be split with the same node by using the same id in two split definitions. #3192
- Variable lane widths are now taken into account when importing OpenDrive networks. The new option --opendrive.min-width <FLOAT> is used to determine which parts of a lane are not usable by the vehicles (default 1.8m). #3196
- Added option --tls.red.time <TIME> for building a red phase at traffic lights that do not have a conflicting stream (i.e. roads with a a pedestrian crossing in a network that is not meant for pedestrian simulation). The new default value is 5 seconds. #1748
- Added option --tls.allred.time <TIME> for building all-red phases after every yellow phase. #573
- Added option --walkingareas to allow generation of walkingareas in networks without pedestrian crossings. #3253
- Added option --opposites.guess.fix-lengths <BOOL> to ensure that opposite lane information can be set for curved roads. (see Simulation/OppositeDirectionDriving#Limitations).
- Custom lane shapes can now be defined. #2250
- Added options --tls.min-dur <TIME> and --tls.max-dur <TIME> for defining the time range of non-static traffic lights. #3329
- The option --proj.scale now accepts arbitrary floats and can be used to scale the output network. #3351
- POIs and Polygons can now be defined with a new editing mode. #1667
- Minimum and maximum phase duration for actuated traffic lights can now be defined. #831
- Added button for calibrating lane/edge colors to the current value range. #2464
- Support for multiple clients. #3105
- Added function vehicle.getAccumulatedWaitingTime to retrieve the waiting time collected over the interval --waiting-time-memory. #999
- Added many value retrieval functions to the C++ client. Thanks to Raphael Riebl for the patch!
- New vehicle types can be created dynamically (by duplicating existent). -> traci.vehicletype.copy() #3211
- Added function person.rerouteTraveltime to reroute pedestrians. #3352
- Rerouting-device period can now be set for individual vehicles. assumed edge travel times can be set globally. #3097
- Rerouting-device period and assumed edge travel times can now be retrieved. #3097
- Routing with --routing-algorithm astar is now working efficiently when using traffic assignment zones. #3144
- Stops on internal lanes are now supported. #3174
<walk>s may now be defined using attribute route. #3302
- Added option --randomize-flows for randomizing the departure times of generated vehicles.
- Added option --pedestrians for generating pedestrian demand rather than vehicles. #3331
- Added option --persontrips for generating intermodal traffic demand. #3331
- osmWebWizard.py now supports location search. #2582
- osmWebWizard.py now generates scenarios with actuated traffic lights
- osmWebWizard.py now generates traffic with more realistic speed distribution
- flowrouter.py now supports specifying route restrictions to resolve ambiguities.
- When setting randomTrips.py option --vehicle-class, vType attributes from option -t are recognized and written to the generated vType. #3335
- SUMO now uses C++11
- specifying the car following model as nested element in a vType is now deprecated
- trips without ids are deprecated
- router options are now more consistent with simulation options
- use -a for additional files
- use -r or --route-files for all kinds of route input (trips, flows, routes, alternatives)
- the old options --flows, --trips, -- alternatives are deprecated
- The network argument for routeStats.py is now optional and set with option -n.
- The option proj.shift which used to be an alias for --proj.scale is no longer supported. These option were used to set a scaling factor by negative powers of ten but now --proj.scale sets the scaling factor directly (the previous value 5 now corresponds to 1e-5)
- default detector-gap for actuated traffic lights is now 2.0s. #3340
- default minGapLat value (used by the sublane model is now 0.6m (down from 1.0m) to better match observations.
- Added description of automatically generated traffic light programs.
- Added Tutorial for importing public transport data from OSM.
- Extended page on Safety-related topics
- Added overview page for Geo-Coordinates
- TraCI version is now 16
Version 0.30.0 (02.05.2017)#
- Random pedestrian decelerations (configured via option --pedestrian.striping.dawdling) are now working. #2851
- Loading state-files with vehicles that stop at a
<busStop>is now working. #2914
- Fixed collisions when using the sublane model. #2295, #2924, #2154, #3005
- Various fixes to lateral distance keeping in the sublane model.
- Vehicles now longer drive beyond the road borders when using the sublane model. #2988
- Fixed crash when loading saved stated with an arriving vehicle. #2938
- Option --load-state.offset now properly applies to vehicles departing in the future that are part of the loaded state (i.e. due to having been loaded from an additional file before saving). This was a regression in version 0.29.0. #2949
- Simulation behaviour is no longer affected by randomly equipping vehicles with devices that only generate outputs. #2977
laneChangeModelis no longer ignored (was silently replaced with "default", since version 0.28.0)
- Fixed deadlock when setting vehicle attributes arrivalSpeed and arrivalPos both to 0. #2995
- Fixed issue where a lane-change was blocked for invalid reasons causing deadlock. #2996
- When using
departLane="best", the look-ahead distance is now limited to 3000m for determining suitable insertion lanes. #2998
- loading state now writes tls states correctly #1229
- Various fixes to junction-shape computation. #2551, #2874, #1443
- Ramp-guessing (option --ramps.guess) no longer identifies sharply turning roads as motorway ramps.
- Fixed invalid right-of-way rules at junctions with type traffic_light_right_on_red when importing a net.xml file or editing with netedit. #2976
- Networks built with option --junctions.scurve-stretch now retain their shape when imported again. #2877
- Networks imported from VISUM no longer round node positions to meters. #3001
- Loading .tll files from a network that includes node types
rail_signalis now working. #2999
- Fixed crash when applying a
<split>to an edge within a roundabout. #2737
- Fixed infinite loop when importing some OpenDRIVE networks. #2918
- vClass-specific speed limits are no longer lost when saving a network. #2508
- The lane shapes induced by option --rectangular-lane-cut are no longer lost when editing a network
- Deleting whole edges is working again (regression in 0.29.0). #2883
- Deleting edges and afterwards adding edges no longer creates node type "unregulated" (without right-of-way rules). #2882
- Fixed visual glitches when opening left-hand networks. #2890
- Fixed various crashes. #2902, #3010, #3026, #2969
- Fixed coloring of green-verge lanes. #2961
- Fixed mapping failures when calling moveToXY.
- Vehicles that are moving outside the road network due to moveToXY calls now return the correct position and angle.
- Function vehicle.getSpeedWithoutTraCI now correctly returns the current speed if the vehicle is not being influenced.
- Fixed crash when adding and erasing persons in the same step. #3014
- Restored Python3.0 compatibility for sumolib and traci (regression in 0.29.0)
- carFollowing child-elements of vType element are now included in route2trips.py output. #2954
- Fixed OSM Web Wizard problems with spaces in SUMO_HOME path. #2939
- cutRoutes.py now writes two independent routes instead of one containing edges not contained in the reduced network. #3011
- vClass-specific speed limits can now be loaded from an additional-file. #2870
- Refactored implementation of E2 detectors.
These may now be defined to span over a sequence of lanes,
contis deprecated. #1491, #1877, #2773, #2871
- Added traffic light type "delay_based" which implements an alternative algorithm to type "actuated".
- Added option --time-to-impatience <TIME> which defines the waiting time until driver impatience grows from 0 to 1. Formerly this was tied to the value of --time-to-teleport. #2490
- lanechange-output now includes the lateral gap to the closest neighbor. #2930
speedFactorcan use normal distributions with optional cutoff to define the distribution of vehicle speeds #2925
- Traffic light related outputs have now consistent camelCase XML tags.
- Added option collision.stoptime <TIME> which lets vehicles stop for a time after experiencing a collision before the action set via --collision.action takes place. #1102
- Electric vehicles are now initialized with a maximum capacity of 35kWh and and a half full battery by default (before, the default was 0 which always made it necessary to define this).
- --vehroute-output now includes additional vehicle attributes such as departLane and departSpeed to facilitate scenario replaying.
- Increased maximum possible insertion flow when using departLane values free,allowed or best on multi-lane edges. #3000
- Improvements to lateral-gap keeping when using the sublane model:
- Vehicles now attempt to equalize left and right gaps if there is insufficient lateral space #2932
- The semantics of attribute
minGapLatwhere changed to define the desired gap at 50km/h and do not grow beyond that speed (before that threshold was at 100km/h)
- Vehicles now ignore follower vehicles behind the midpoint of their own length in regard to lateral gap keeping.
- Added option --max-num-teleports <INT> which can abort the simulation after a number of teleports is exceeded. #3003
- Added option --chargingstations-output <FILE> which generates output for chargingStations. #2357
- Added parameters minGapLat,maxSpeedLat,latAlignment,boardingDuration,loadingDuration,car follow model to the vType-parameter window.
- Added parameter acceleration to the vehicle-parameter window.
- Added option Show type parameter dialog to the person context menu. #2973
- When running the simulation with option --duration-log.statistics, the average travel speed of completed trips is shown in the network parameter dialog.
- For long-running simulations the time displays can now show elapsed days. #2889
- Networks imported from DlrNavteq-format now process prohibited_manoeuvres and connected_lanes input files. #738
- Edge types are now imported from a .net.xml file. #2508
- Added option --opendrive.curve-resolution <FLOAT> for setting the level of detail when importing road geometries from parmeterized curves. #2686
- Node shape computation (especially stop line position) can now
be influenced by setting edge geometries that do not extend to
the node position.
- To deal with ambiguous stop line information in OpenDrive networks, the new option --opendrive.advance-stopline <FLOAT> may now now be used to affect the heuristic that computes stop line positioning based on the border between roads and connecting roads.
- Bus stops can now be imported from OpenStreetMap using the new option --ptstop-output <FILE>. #2933
- Lanes within a network that have no incoming connection and edges that have no outgong connections are now reported. #2997
- Specific lanes can now be deleted via loaded .edg.xml files (to ensure that connections are kept as intended). #3009
- The junction visualization options show link junction index and show link tls index are now working #2955
- When creating or moving edge and junction geometry, positions can now be restricted to a regular grid (i.e. multiples of 100). #2776
- Custom edge geometry endpoints values can now be entered in inspect mode. #2012
- It is now possible to reload the simulation with new options by sending the load command.
- Added vehicle.setMaxSpeed and vehicle.getMaxSpeed to the C++ client. Thanks to Raphael Riebl for the patch.
- Added vehicle.changeTarget to the C++ client.
- To allow vehicles to run a red light, speedmode 7 can now be used instead of 14. This is much safer as it avoids rear-end collisions.
- Vehicles can now stop at a named ParkingArea or ChargingStation. The methods traci.vehicle.setParkingAreaStop, traci.vehicle.setChargingStationStop were added to the python client to simplify this. #2963
- vehicle function moveToXY now supports the special angle value traci.constants.INVALID_DOUBLE_VALUE. If this is set, the angle will not be factored into the scoring of candidate lanes and the vehicle will assume the angle of the best found lane. For vehicles outside the road network, the angle will be computed from the old and new position. #2262
- Vehicles now support retrieval of battery device parameters and retrieval of riding persons and containers as well as retrieval of laneChangeModel parameters using the vehicle.getParameter function.
- Vehicles now support setting of battery device parameters and laneChangeModel parameters using the vehicle.setParameter function.
- Added sublane-model related vehicle functions getLateralLanePosition, getMaxSpeedLat, getMinGapLat, getLateralAlignment, setMaxSpeedLat, setMinGapLat, setLateralAlignment, changeSublane. #2216, #2001
- Added sublane-model related vehicletype functions getMaxSpeedLat, getMinGapLat, getLateralAlignment, setMaxSpeedLat, setMinGapLat, setLateralAlignment. #2216
- Function edge.getLastStepPersonIDs now includes persons riding in a vehicle which are on that edge. #2865
- The TraCI python client now supports StepListeners.
- The lane-changing choices of the laneChange model can now be retrieved (with and without TraCI influence) using command change lane information 0x13.
- randomTrips.py now supports the option --flows <INT> to generate a number of random flows instead of individual vehicles.
- routeStats.py now supports generating statistics on departure time by setting the option --attribute depart.
- tls_csv2SUMO.py can now take arbitrary strings as index and has improved signal group handling, thanks to Harald Schaefer
- more tools (including osmWebWizard) are python3 compatible
- The TraCI command documentation now includes links to the corresponding python functions for each command.
- New overview page on safety-related behavior
- The Quick Start tutorial now describes how to create an network with netedit
- TraCI version is now 15
- some TraCI constants have been renamed
- CMD_SIMSTEP2 to CMD_SIMSTEP
- *AREAL_DETECTOR* to *LANEAREA*
- *MULTI_ENTRY_EXIT_DETECTOR* TO *MULTIENTRYEXIT*
- The compile-option --disable-internal-lanes was removed. Simulation without internal lanes is still possible using either the netconvert option --no-internal-links or the simulation option --no-internal-links
- The compile-option --enable-memcheck and the corresponding nvwa package were removed. Checking for memory leaks should be done using the clang build or valgrind.
Version 0.29.0 (16.02.2017)#
- Fixed emergency braking and collisions related to opposite-direction driving. #2652
- Fixed crashing related to opposite-direction driving. #2664
- Fixed implausible behavior related to opposite-direction driving. #2665
- Fixed error where vehicles could not stop at the end of a lane for numerical reasons. #2670
- Generic parameters of vehicles and vehicle types are now handled when saving and loading simulation state. #2690
- Stopped and parking vehicles are now handled when saving and loading simulation state. #1301
- All vehicle parameters and vehicle stops are now handled when saving and loading simulation state. #2720
- Fixed extreme vehicle angles during lane changing when using the sublane model. #2741
- Fixed error when defining flows without vehicles. #2823
- Fixed issue where the heuristic to prevent junction blocking caused a vehicle to block itself. #2834
- Fixed bug that was causing pedestrian collisions. #2840
- The last vehicle from a flow is no longer missing if the flow duration is not a multiple of the period parameter. #2864
- Fixed errors when exporting elevation data to OpenDRIVE. #2641
- Fixed format conformity issues when exporting OpenDRIVE networks. #2673, #2674, #2682
- Networks exported in the DlrNavteq format are now written with --numerical-ids by default.
- Fixed crash when importing OpenDrive and using edge-removal options. #2685
- Improved connection guessing at roads with a lane reduction.
- Fixed crash when specifying a
<split>-element for a roundabout-edge. #2737
- The option --geometry.max-segment-length is now working when importing OSM data. #2779
- Improved heuristic for option osm.layer-elevation to reduce unrealistic up-and-down geometries.
- Fixed steep grades near intersections in networks with 3D-geometry. #2782
- Geometry fixes for output in DlrNavteq format. #2785, #2786
- Fixed crash when doing undo/redo connection changes at a newly created junction. #2662
- Fixed slow operation when switching between move-mode and other modes in a large network.
- Fixed slow operation when move junctions in large networks. #2699
- Selecting objects by matching against attributes now works on windows. #2675
- Fixed crash when setting custom geometry endpoints. #2693
- Fixed shortcuts #2694
- Fixed crash when using option --numerical-ids.
- Fixed visualization errors when using --offset.disable-normalization false
- When adding sidewalks to selected lanes, pedestrians are now automatically forbidden on the other lanes. #2708
- Fixed an inconsistency with the definition of SUMO Time in Inspector mode. #2625
- Fixed bug that was causing interface lag when right-clicking in networks with detailed geometry.
- Configuring the visualisation of generated induction loops for actuated traffic lights is now working. #2639
- Fixed crash when coloring lanes by occupancy. #2850
- when using option --meso-tls-penalty the maximum flow at controlled intersections is now scaled according to fraction of available green time. #2753
- Fixed various issues related to inconsistent handling of net and gross time gaps. This was causing exaggerated speeds. The option --meso-taujf <TIME> now corresponds to the net time-gap (as do --meso-taufj, --meso-tauff). It's default value has been reduced from 2.0 to 1.73 correspondingly (reproducing the old behavior at 100km/h).
- Fixed invalid coloring of the gap between lanes. #1428
- The default vehicle class is now passenger (as in the simulation). Note, that non-passenger classes such as trains now need an explicit type definition to be able to use rail edges. #2829
- The last vehicle from a flow is no longer missing if the flow duration is not a multiple of the period parameter. #2864
- Various fixes to intermodal routing functionality. #2852, #2857
- Fixed crash when trying to reroute vehicles before their departure.
- Fixed inefficiency when calling vehicle.rerouteTravelTime() multiple times per simulation step (edge weights are now updated at most once per step).
- Various fixes to vehicle.moveToXY mapping behavior.
- unsubscribing now works in the python client. #2704
- The C++ client now properly closes the simulation when calling close()
- Subscriptions to 2D-Positions are now working in the C++ client
- Deleting vehicles that have not yet departed is now working. #2803
- Brake lights and blinkers can now be set for the current simulation step. #2804
- Vehicle function move to XY now works for edges with custom length. #2809
- Vehicle function move to XY now actually uses the 'edgeID' and 'lane index' parameters to resolve ambiguities. It uses the 'origID' parameter if set and the lane id otherwise.
- Function edge.adaptTravelTime(begin=... end=...) is now working as expected with times in seconds. #2808
- netdiff.py now correctly
handles changes to
spreadTypeand other optional attributes. #2722
- sumolib.net now returns consistent values for edge.getShape(): the center-line of all lanes. Previously, the raw edge shape used in netconvert was returned.
- randomTrips.py now works correctly when giving the options --via, --validate at the same time. #2821
- netdiff.py now correctly handles changes to
- The special sub-string TIME in output file names is now working on Windows.
- Various fixes concerning the binary XML format #2650, #2651
- Added definition of parking areas and functionality for rerouting in search of a free parking space. Many thanks to Mirco Sturari for this contribution.
- Added new output option --stop-output <FILE> for generating output on vehicle stops (for public transport, logistics, etc.)
- Vehicles that are inserted with
departPos="last"now depart at the end of the lane when there are no leader vehicles. This reduces the overall variance in depart positions. #2571
- The --step-log-output now includes statistics on time spend in TraCI functions. #2698
- When a vClass is specified for a vehicle type, this information is used to assign a default emissionClass from the HBEFA3 model (Before all vehicles had class "HBEFA2/P_7_7" by default, even bicycles). The default class for passenger vehicles is now "HBEFA3/PC_G_EU4".
- Output files of the MultiEntryExitDetector now include timeLoss information. #2703
- Output files of the LaneAreaDetector now include timeLoss information. #2703
- Added option --load-state.remove-vehicles ID1[,ID2]* for removing vehicles from a loaded state. #2774
- Pedestrians now use the speedDev attribute of their type to vary their walking speed. #2792
- tripinfo-output now includes the attribute speedFactor which may have been chosen randomly when loading the vehicle.
- Output precision is automatically increased whenever simulating with step-lengths below 10ms. #2816
- E1 detectors now support the attribute vTypes for collecting type specific measurements. The attribute splitByType is no longer supported.
- Added new option --window-pos <INT>,<INT> for specifying the initial window placement.
- Added new button to the object locator dialog that allows toggling selection status. #2687
- Parking vehicles are now listed in the vehicle locator dialog. This can be disabled using a new menu option. Teleporting vehicles can optionally be listed as well #2750
- Vehicles can now be colored by time loss (accumulated over the whole route). The time loss is also shown in the vehicle parameter dialog.
- Added new option --meso-minor-penalty <TIME> for applying a time penalty when passing a minor link. This may be used to model slow down on approach or even intersection delays when running without --meso-junction-control. #2640
- When using the option --meso-tls-penalty <FLOAT> to model mesoscopic traffic lights, the maximum capacity of edges is now reduced according to the proportion of green-time and cycle time at controlled intersection. #2753
- The number of queues for the current segment is now shown in the edge parameter dialog
- The latest headway for the current segment is now shown in the edge parameter dialog
- Pedestrian rail crossings are now working. #2654
- Added new option --geometry.check-overlap <FLOAT> for finding edges with overlapping lanes. This is typically a sign of faulty inputs. The accompanying option --geometry.check-overlap.vertical-threshold <FLOAT> filters out edges that are separated vertically by at least the given value (default 4.0). #2648
- The options --keep-edges.explicit, --keep-edges.input-file now allow for white-listing in combination with other removal options (edges are kept if listed explicitly or if any other keep-condition is met). #2680
- Added new option --osm.oneway-spread-right <BOOL> for setting the default spreadType to right for one-way edges (i.e. motorways).
<split>-element now supports the new attributes idBefore, idAfter to determine the ids of the newly created edges. #2731
- Added new option --reserved-ids <FILE> for loading a selecting of node and edge ids that shall be avoided in the output network.
- When importing networks from DlrNavteq format, the new option --construction-date YYYY-MM-DD can now be used to interpret the readiness of roads under construction.
- Networks exported to DlrNavteq format now contain additional information: bridge/tunnel information, form of way, ZIP code, prohibited_manoeuvres, connected_lanes
- Warnings are now issued when steep grades are present in the road network. The warning threshold can be configured using the new option geometry.max-grade <FLOAT>.
- <laneOffset> data is now imported from OpenDrive networks
- Added new option --flow-output.probability <BOOL> for generating probabilistic flows instead of evenly spaced flows. Thanks to Dominik Buse for the patch.
- Added option persontrip.walkfactor <FLOAT> to account for pedestrian delays in intermodal routing. #2856
- Added functions person.getStage, person.getRemainingStages, person.getVehicle and person.getEdges to the API, the python client and the C++ client. #1595
- Added functions person.add, person.appendWalkingStage, person.appendDrivingStage, person.appendWaitingStage, person.removeStage'', person.removeStages, person.setColor, person.setLength, person.setHeight, person.setWidth, person.setMinGap, person.setType and person.setSpeed to the API, the python client and the C++ client. #2688
- The python client now supports vehicle.getPosition3D.
- Added the functions vehicle.getLine and vehicle.setLine to the python client and the C++ client (to be used for public transport) #2719
- Added the functions vehicle.getVia and vehicle.setVia to the python client and the C++ client (affects subsequent rerouting calls) #2729
- Added the functions polygon.getFilled and polygon.setFilled to the python client
- route_departOffset.py now supports additional options for departure time modification based on arrival edge. #2568
- sumolib.net now supports the new function edge.getRawShape() to retrieve the shape used by netconvert. #2742
- Added description of the Object Locator-menu
- Added documentation of visualizing road access permissions
- Added documentation of crossings in netedit
- Added documentation for the MESO-model
- Extended documentation of the sublane-model
- Added TraCI performance information
- The TraCI command reference now includes links to the corresponding python method(s).
- Fixed inconsistencies in TraCI command reference (mostly methods that were available in the python client but not yet documented in the wiki).
- A warning is now issued when trying to define a vehicle with vClass=pedestrian as this vClass should only be used for persons. #2830
- TraCI version is now 14
- Binary format
- SBX has now version number 2 #2651