Jump to navigation Jump to search
Open Source Development
- sourceforge.net Host of open-source projects (about 100.000).
- freshmeat.net Portal to free applications
How To Contribute
- Doxygen A class documentation utility.
- XMLMind XML Editor An editor supporting DocBook.
- DocBook - HowTo A description of how to use DocBook, the format used for SUMO-documentation.
- SourceMonitor A great source code metrics tool.
Open Source Traffic Simulation Packages
Road Traffic in General
- Matsim A mesoscopic simulation package.
- JUTS - J-Sim based Urban Traffic Simulator A road traffic simulation based on cellular automata written in Java. [not revised].
- Trafix A road traffic simulation based on cellular automata written in C++. [not revised].
- Visual Traffic Simulation A java application which allows to build own networks and simulate them. [not revised].
- MITRASIM-2000 An (open source?) traffic simulation in Java. [not revised].
- Traffic Cellular Automata+ A java application to test cellular automata traffic models. Very nice, but runs on Java1.3 only.
- BABSIM A simulation mainly concentrating on highways (BAB=BundesAutoBahnen, Federal Highways). Not yet given o the public.
- TraffSpot A microscopic simulation with a nice 3D-view.
Traffic Lights Optimisation
- Green Light District A software for testing optimisation methods from the artificial intelligence, such as reinforcement or genetic algorithms on their abilities to optimise traffic lights within a complex environment. Seems to be closed in July, 2001., works pretty fine.
- Microsimulation of Road Traffic A very neat simulation applet based on the IDM-model that includes lane changing by Martin Treiber.