This page lists all licenses of code SUMO depends on directly for compiling. There may be secondary references (like the C++ standard library or a particular OpenGL implementation) which are not mentioned here except for the cases where we deliver binaries for that code.
Code in the repository#
All the code which can be found under <SUMO>/src and <SUMO>/tools except for <SUMO>/src/foreign and <SUMO>/tools/contributed is since 03.10.2017 (revision 26300) licensed under EPL V2. All earlier versions were licensed under GPL V3+. The code in <SUMO>/src/foreign and <SUMO>/tools/contributed should have separate license files but we strive to list them here as well:
tcpip - TCP/IP Socket Class to communicate with other programs#
- Version: https://github.com/itm/shawn/tree/master/src/apps/tcpip from 2012-09-28
- Modifications: fixed invalid buffer length calculation, fixed compiler warnings, removed "using namespace std"
- License: based on BSD License
Font Stash - Text rendering in openGL#
- Version: https://github.com/memononen/fontstash branch master from 2017-09-23
- Modifications: only included necessary files fontstash.h, glfontstash.h, stb_truetype.h
- License: zlib License, includes std_truetype which is in the public domain
RTree - Improved tiling for the drawing area#
- Version: unknown (2003)
- Modifications: syntactic sugar for gcc compilation; different footprint for "Search" due to a different callback, tests removed because they did not compile
- License: public domain (see README.TXT)
odrSpiral - Approximating curves#
- Used version: https://github.com/DLR-TS/odrSpiral branch master from 2017-05-03
- Modifications: includes and constants;
- License: Apache License 2.0, see license file
zstr - A header only C++ ZLib wrapper#
- Version: 1.0.6
- Modifications: only needed header files, includes fixed
- License: MIT, see license file
Mandatory and highly recommended#
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable - Visual C++ Runtime Components (Windows only)#
Xerces-C++ - XML Parser#
FOX toolkit - GUI Widget Toolkit#
can be omitted, but sumo-gui, netedit and multithreading won't work
- GNU Lesser General Public License with static relinking exemption
PROJ.4 - Cartographic Projections Library#
can be omitted, but import of geo referenced networks like OpenStreetMap won't work
GDAL - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library#
gl2ps - Printing screenshots as ps or pdf files#
- Used version: 1.3.9
- License: GNU Library General Public License or GL2PS License
Open Scene Graph - 3D Graphics Toolkit#
FFmpeg - Multimedia Library#
Google Test - C++ Unit Test Framework#
GNU gettext - Multiple Language support#
- GNU Lesser General Public License for the libintl part (the distributed runtime)
Please note that the tools needed for processing the translation files (so for compiling SUMO) are distributed under GPL and are not part of the SUMO download.
Data and Documentation#
Unless otherwise noted all documentation (including the files in this directory and below) and data files are licensed under the Eclipse Public License v2 just as the rest of SUMO.
All models in the data/3D directory originate from http://opengameart.org/content/vehicles-assets-pt1 and are in the public domain
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal license. To the extent possible under law, the person who associated CC0 with this work has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.
All test inputs which build upon OpenStreetMap data (mainly the osm.xml files in <SUMO_HOME>/tests/netconvert/import) are under the Open Database License.
Currently the Google Roboto font is included which is available under an Apache License.