Including Elevation Data in a Network
Elevation data can be imported from the following sources
- directly from network input
- by applying extra data from supplemental files
- from a shapefile mesh by using the NETCONVERT option --heightmap.shapefiles
- from a greyscale height-map using NETCONVERT option --heightmap.geotiff.
- from edg.xml files as part of the shape specification
Retrieving Elevation data via TraCI
Current 3D-Position can be retrieved for persons and vehicles.
Visualizing Elevation data
SUMO-GUI and NETEDIT allow
coloring edges by:
- elevation at the start of the edge
- elevation at the start of each straight-line geometry segment for
- inclination of the whole edge
- inclination of each straight-line geometry segment for each edge
To calibrate the color range to the elevations found in the network, the Recalibrate Rainbow within the gui settings dialog button may be used.
Furthermore, SUMO-GUI is available with support for 3D-Visualization which can be used to visualize elevation profiles as well.
Models that use Elevation Data