SUMO - Latest Release (Version 1.7.0)#
Release date: 09.09.2020
MS Windows binaries#
Contains the binaries (32 or 64 bit), all dlls needed, the examples, tools, and documentation in HTML format.
- Download 64 bit installer: sumo-win64-1.7.0.msi 139.9 MB
- Download 64 bit zip: sumo-win64-1.7.0.zip 124.9 MB
- Download 64 bit zip with all extras: sumo-win64extra-1.7.0.zip 158.2 MB
- Download 32 bit installer: sumo-win32-1.7.0.msi 127.9 MB
- Download 32 bit zip: sumo-win32-1.7.0.zip 117 MB
- MS Windows binaries: sumo-game-1.7.0.zip 49.1 MB
Includes sources, examples, and CMake-files for creating Visual Studio solutions or Linux Makefiles. Does not contain tests. Download as:
Includes sources, tests and docs but no binaries. Download as:
- sumo-all-1.7.0.tar.gz 205.4 MB
The community maintains several repositories notably at the open build service. For a detailed list of repositories see below.
Furthermore there are a debian and an ubuntu launchpad project as well as an archlinux package:
To add the most recent sumo to your ubuntu you will need to do:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sumo/stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install sumo sumo-tools sumo-doc
If the repositories do not contain the libraries (like proj and gdal) they are either part of the distribution or you will need them from another repository (you may try one of the build service repositories here too, e.g. Application:Geo). At the moment there is no documentation included in the packages. The repositories include a nightly build as well (called sumo_nightly).
- openSUSE Leap 42.2 repository
- openSUSE Leap 42.3 repository
- openSUSE Leap 15.0 repository
- openSUSE Leap 15.1 repository
- openSUSE Leap 15.2 repository
- openSUSE Tumbleweed repository
- Fedora 29 repository
- Fedora 30 repository
- Fedora 31 repository
- Fedora 32 repository
- Fedora Rawhide repository
- CentOS 7 repository
- CentOS 8 repository
Ubuntu, Debian and Arch users please see the community repositories above.
"Bottles" are available for installing with Homebrew. They are built for the two most recent major macOS versions (currently Mojave and Catalina) and are built from source with minimal requirements (fox, proj, xerces-c). If you need optional libraries, you can specify these on the brew command line and brew will compile SUMO from source. For details, see the Formula's README.
SUMO - Alternative download and older releases#
All releases can also be obtained via the sourceforge download portal.
SUMO - Latest Development Version#
SUMO is under active development. You can find a continuously updated list of bug-fixes and enhancements at our ChangeLog. To make use of the latest features (and to give us pre-release feedback) we encourage you to use the latest version from our code repository.
Every push to our main branch also triggers a build for Windows, Linux and macOS. The results can be found by clicking on the relevant commit here and downloading the appropriate file for your platform.
The code within the repository is compiled each night. The following resulting packages can be obtained:
- Sources: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-src-git.tar.gz September 27 2020 22:07:08 UTC 48.7 MB
- Sources: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-src-git.zip September 27 2020 22:07:05 UTC 52 MB
- Sources, documentation and tests: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-all-git.tar.gz September 27 2020 22:21:20 UTC 205.4 MB
- Windows, 32bit: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-win32-git.zip September 27 2020 23:07:57 UTC 117 MB
- Windows, 64bit: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-win64-git.zip September 27 2020 00:34:43 UTC 125 MB
- Windows 64bit binaries of the SUMO game: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-game-win64-git.zip September 27 2020 00:37:04 UTC 49.1 MB
- Windows installer, 32bit: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-win32-git.msi September 27 2020 23:08:38 UTC 128 MB
- Windows installer, 64bit: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-win64-git.msi September 27 2020 00:35:51 UTC 140 MB
- Windows 64bit with GDAL, FFmpeg, OSG, GL2PS, SWIG: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-win64extra-git.zip September 27 2020 05:12:27 UTC 158.3 MB
- Windows 64bit debug version: https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/sumo-win64Debug-git.zip September 27 2020 00:48:32 UTC 192.2 MB
The Linux repositories contain a nightly build as well.
The available windows binary packages may lag behind the latest Git revision due to being compiled only once per day (around midnight, Berlin time).
Direct repository access#
You can get very latest sources directly from our Git repository, see the FAQ on repository access. Normally, they should compile and complete our test suite successfully. To assess the current state of the build, you may take a look at the nightly test statistics.
SUMO is available as different packages. The contents of each package is listed in the table below.
|bin||build||src (source code)||user docs||developer docs (doxygen)||data||examples||tutorials||tests||tools (except jars)||jars|
Dependencies for developers#
For the Windows platform you can retrieve all dependencies by cloning this repository https://github.com/DLR-TS/SUMOLibraries, if you want to develop with Visual Studio. If you just want to run SUMO, use the binary downloads above which already contain the runtime dependencies.
Note on Licensing#
The standard build only contains code and windows binaries with Eclipse approved licenses (especially no GPL and LGPL code). If you need features like shapefile import or the OpenSceneGraph 3D GUI download the "extra" build.